Congrats! You have been selected to be a part of Vanlife Diaries, the documentary. This is going to be a fun journey, and we’re excited that you’re hitting the road with us, to share your unique point of view.
Vanlife Diaries is collaborating with Cubic Films to create a feature documentary that embraces the van life, and follows the founders of Vanlife Diaries, as they connect with inspiring people around the world, and discover why so many people are embracing our unique lifestyle.
The film will feature interviews, music, art and footage from vanlifers around the world, and will go behind the curtain to explore the joys, challenges and deep held beliefs of those who live the van life.
We’re officially announcing the documentary in December 2016 (News.com.au already let the cat out of the bag) and we want you to be a part of it. We’ll be releasing a teaser featuring the Vanlife Diaries crew and some epic announcements about the documentary, which we will begin filming in 2017 across Australia, USA, South America and Europe.
This brings us to you.
We would love you to send us a 10-20 second clip.
It can be in your van or someplace that means something to you, speaking directly to camera, letting us know you’re excited about the Vanlife Diaries documentary, and look forward to collaborating with us down the road.
We’ve provided a couple phrases we’d love you to say, and some sample scripts you can use if you want. Also, we’ve put together a style guide for your piece to camera, but are open to you using your creativity to create something unique that says something about you and why you identify with the Vanlife Diaries community.
Thanks again. We look forward to meeting up in 2017!
Jonny, Jess, Jared & Ash
WHAT WE’D LOVE FROM YOU FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT
There are basically three pieces of video that we would like from you:
- Your piece to camera about you, your projects, community and handle, and saying that you’re excited about collaborating on the Van Life Diaries documentary.
- A location shot of where you are that sets the context for your life or interests.
- Two of the following phrases (as applicable)
- Hi, my name is [your name] and I’m a part of the Vanlife Diaries community.
- Hi, my name is [your name] and I live the van life.
- Hi, live the van life, and I’m excited to be involved in the Vanlife Diaries documentary.
- [in an epic location] This is why (I/we) live the van life.
For your piece to camera, we would love it if you shot it in one of the following two shot sizes.
These are a few sample scripts you can use if you want. You’re also free to go off script and send us something totally unique. Up to you.
- The van life is about more than just living in a van, and we’re excited to be a part of the Vanlife Diaries documentary, to share what we’ve learned about life from living on the road.
- Hi, my name is [your name] and I’m [what you’re doing right now - this could include your website, projects and/or social handles]. I’m a part of the Vanlife Diaries community, and I look forward to collaborating on the documentary.
- There’s nothing like waking up and looking out at this [epic location shot].
- We’ve been living the van life for [time] and we’re excited to be a part of the Vanlife Diaries documentary.